Thursday, September 25, 2014

IVF : Embryo Transfer







Hi there

Today is ET day! ET stands for embryo transfer. It's the day i've been anticipating for weeks. After months of drugs & injections and constant fatigue, i am totally looking forward to ET. Woke up this morning at 7. The heavy rain makes the mind & body more calm for the surgery. I waited for an hour before the procedure. My bladder was so full that i had to fidget while waiting for the doctor's arrival. When he came, he asked me '1 embryo or 2?'. He suggested to place 1 embryo because i was young and my embryo is good. I chose 2. I don't want to risk doing the whole ovulation process again if 1 did not survive. I might have chances of having twins. And, twins means higher chance of miscarriage/pre mature birth. 

I took the risk. Me and hub had discussed it before. 2 because no matter what happens, happens so we just hope and pray that it's going to be a smooth one. We just pray for a healthy baby. That's all. It was a short process. I lay down on the chair and doctor inserted a straw-like tube into my V. 10 minutes later, it's done! Doc die-die insist on 1 embryo. Oh never mind. We had actually prepared a cheque for 2 embryo transfer insurance. Lol. no spare cheque. After the transfer, the nurse came to give us a picture of our embryo! There you go. Good luck embies! Please be good and grow well. Stay safe in my tummy. I promise i won't do anything vigorous from now onwards. Thank you hubby for holding my hand tight through out the transfer just because i was holding onto my bladder when the doctor inserted my embies. Hahahaha.

I cannot be happy too soon right. Let's wait for 13th of Oct for the pregnancy test result. A day before our Krabi trip. Hope it's going to be a happy news. Insya allah. 

We celebrated our ET with a trip to JB and a Babadook movie. Time for bed rest! Good night hubby and embies! Love you sayang.



 

No comments: