Friday, August 15, 2014
IVF (Day 10: Review)
I met the doc on day 10. They did an ultrasound scan and i waited for the results. I got alot of follicles. I think it was more than 20. That actually cause my pretty bad bloatedness and cramps at night. Doc advised me against proceeding for embryo transfer immediately cause of my high risk of getting OHSS.
OHSS: Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome may occur after using injectable hormone medications during in vitro fertilization (IVF), a treatment for infertility. Injectable fertility medications stimulate the development of eggs in the ovaries, but it can be difficult to tell exactly how much medication you might need. Too much of the hormone in your system can lead to ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), where your ovaries become swollen and painful. A small number of women may develop severe OHSS, which can cause rapid weight gain, abdominal pain, vomiting and shortness of breath.
So i can only do the embryo transfer after my next menses cycle. That's sad. I was hoping to get it over by August. And i took my trigger shot that night cause my OPU is set on friday. OPU is ovum pick-up where they retrieve all my follicles. Nervous and excited. No more injections after this. Thank God for easing my pain. Alhamdulilah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment