Saturday, July 19, 2014

IVF (Registration & Counselling)

 
I'd like to post about my ivf journey in blog. So, few years down the road, when my kid grows up, he/she might/might not read about it. I want my child to know the journey of my ivf. To know how we tried our best to be our very own parents.


Me & my husband was heartbroken to know that we are having issues to have our own baby. Me, with my polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Because of my irregular menstruation that caused my lack of ovulation. I can conceive but it might take months/years to try for a baby. Chances are quite slim because my periods get so irregular after marriage. My husband, let's not talk about his issue here. He does have fertility issue as well. So we decided to opt for ivf. I know for the fact that we just got married, people are wondering 'Why the rush?'. I don't know. I envy my friends who are pregnant at the moment for having it the easy way. And i hate it when they try to tell me that it's easy and that i have to keep trying after i'm done with my menses cycle. NO, IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY FOR ME. I get so frustrated. Stop trying to teach me on how to conceive. They simply just can't place themselves in my shoes. I'm heartbroken enough.


My parents been pestering me to have a kid before i moved out. I too wants them to be grandparents asap. As for my in laws, my father in law is aging so i want him to be there to watch my baby grow. I want my grandpa in law to be there for the arrival of my baby. It sort of brings joy and happiness in our family. Ok let's cut it short. So i registered for my ivf a few days back at kkh. We agreed to go for this with my husband's encouragement. We really hope and prayed that nothing will go wrong on the day of the embryo transfer.


Fees >>
registration & counselling : $324.21
blood test: $115.50
total paid: $439.71


I will update the fees as i go along in this ivf journey. The entire IVF process cost about $10-14k. Since we both are fellow Singaporeans, we're allowed to use 6k from our medisave and 6k subsidies. Yay. The senior nurse and doctor discussed about the procedures involved in private along with 2 other couples. We signed the consent form and head for our blood test. I was prescribed a medicine to induce my menses. If all goes well, my ivf will start in mid aug. In shaa allah. Please pray for my well being. May HE ease our pain and grant us a baby. I hope nothing goes wrong during the entire procedure. Amin. Our parents are not informed about it. May things be smooth sailing. I will elaborate on the step by step procedure as we along. I will keep you posted once my menses arrive. Bye!






No comments: